The City of Odessa accepts online applications for current openings only. All positions are subject to close without notice. View current Job Listings online.
In regards to job candidates:
- Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of pre-boarding activities according to position.
- Not all candidates are interviewed.
- Only candidates who meet the minimum job requirements will be considered for the position.
If at any point an applicant is determined to meet any of the following automatic disqualifiers, the application process for the applicant for the applicant automatically ceases:
- Failure to meet the minimum qualifications necessary for the performance of the duties of the position involved;
- Knowingly making a false statement on the application form or supplements thereto;
- Committing or attempting to commit a fraudulent act at any state of the selection process;
- Possess a criminal conviction for which the City establishes as an exclusion for justified business necessity;
- Discharged from the armed forces under conditions other than honorable or general
- An inability to obtain any license or permit required for the position;
- Is not legally permitted to hold the position;
- Has offered or attempted to offer money, service or any other thing of value to secure an advantage in the selection process; and/or
- Is not able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- An applicant may be disqualified from consideration upon other reasonable grounds relating to job requirements.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, military or veteran status, the presence of medical condition, or any other legally protected status. An Equal Opportunity Employer