The Municipal Court will be closed for staff training and development on:
- Monday, June 27th from 12:00 pm until 5:00 pm (open 8am – 12pm)
- Tuesday, June 28th from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm (closed all day)
- Wednesday, June 29th from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm (open 1pm – 5pm)
The court staff, including the Judge’s, will be attending the annual West Texas Regional Clerks and Judges training conference, offered by the Texas Municipal Court Education Center, at the Odessa Marriott Hotel and Conference Center.
Citizens may place documents and/or payments in a sealed envelope with their name and DOB on the outside, in the court’s drop box, located just inside of the Odessa Police Department’s lobby doors, or, they mail them to:
Odessa Municipal Court
201 N. Grant Ave.
Odessa, TX 79761
We will return to regular business hours on Thursday, June 30th, 2022.
Individuals appearing before the Odessa Municipal Court are required to do so virtually. Defendants that participate in Virtual Court hearings will have the same legal rights as those that appear in person. All of the same rules and procedures apply.
If you are appearing virtually for your hearing or trial:
You will be required to email your preferred contact phone number and email address to the Court at email@example.com, at least 24-hours before your scheduled hearing.
You will be required to adhere to the following Rules of Court Conduct and Decorum:
Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court Bailiff to remove the Defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Proper clothing strictly enforced. Inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Dress code is the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courthouse/courtroom.
- Avoid background noise. Ensure your environment is conducive to attend virtually.
- Do NOT record the proceedings.
- Proper respect for the Court process shall be adhered to at all times.
You may use any device with audio and video capabilities, and a strong internet connection. You will be required to install and test the Zoom app, prior to your scheduled court date. To access the virtual courtroom, you will simply login to Zoom on your scheduled date and time, and enter a Meeting ID and Passcode, which will be provided to you by the Court prior to your court appearance.
If you do not have a capable device, or an internet connection, you will be responsible for contacting the court prior to your scheduled court date to make alternate other arrangements.
Payments can still be made online using Municipal Online Payments.
Municipal Court works to provide citizens with courteous and efficient administration of justice and case management.
Municipal Court has jurisdiction over offenses, which occur within the territorial limits of the City of Odessa and are punishable by fine and possibly other sanctions as authorized by statute and not consisting of confinement in jail or imprisonment.
- Judge Carlos Rodriguez
- Is the Court closed during the lunch hour?
- How can I tell if my ticket is in the jurisdiction of Municipal Court?
- How can I check what ticket(s) I have with Municipal Court and/or what they cost?
- Should I assume that the court knows that I received more than one violation on my citations or that I have other outstanding cases?