ODESSA - "TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD"
The Mission of the Code Enforcement Division is to serve the citizens of Odessa by ensuring compliance with all adopted City codes through providing effective public contact and education and building cooperative partnerships throughout our community.
Code Enforcement enforces our City Ordinances to help keep Odessa a great place to live and visit.
May 2022 "CODE OF THE MONTH" High Weeds-Grass
- High weeds and grass- any hazardous vegetation grass, weeds or wild brush more than 12 inches tall, whether they are grown, stacked or piled, are illegal. For full ordinance click here.
- Accumulation of junk and debris- accumulation of junk and debris of used material that is a health of fire hazard that can be recognized from adjacent alley, street or property is a violation of city ordinance. For full ordinance click here.
- Illegal dumping- is the disposal of any garbage anywhere other than a permitted landfill or designated receptacle. For full ordinance click here.
- Trailers- parking or storing of trailers either on street, sidewalk or alley is prohibited in residential zoning districts. For full ordinance click here.
- Recreational vehicles- it shall be unlawful to park a recreational vehicles on a street in a residential zoning district for more than 3 days in a 30 day period. For full ordinance click here.
- Commercial vehicles- the storing or parking of commercial vehicles on either public or private property, street or alley is prohibited in residential zoning districts. For full ordinance click here.
- Garage sales- garage sale lasting more than two days is considered a continuous garage sale and is prohibited that any household conduct more than two garage sales per year. For full ordinance click here.
- Portable Sign- prior to placement of any portable sign, a permit must be obtained.
- Front yard parking-parking of vehicles and boats in the front yard of residence must be parked on a paved surface only. For full ordinance click here.
- Water nuisance-the city prohibits the runoff of water of more than 50 feet from your property line. For full ordinance click here.
- Junked vehicle- is a vehicle that is self propelled & displays an expired license plate, does not display a license plate, or does not have affixed a valid registration sticker and is wrecked, dismantled, or discarded or inoperable and has remained inoperable for more than 72 hours on public property or 30 consecutive days on private property. For full ordinance click here.
- Itinerant vendor/peddlers-Itinerant vendor is a person who sets up and operates a temporary business on privately owned property. A peddler is a person who attempts to make personal contact with a resident at his or her residence without prior invitation. In most instances a permit is required. For full ordinance click here.
- Unsafe structure-any house or building that is uninhabitable or unsecured poses a hazard to public health, safety, and welfare is considered a dangerous building. For full ordinance click here.