- Billing & Collection
- Interactive Voice Response System (IVR)
Interactive Voice Response System (IVR)
Effective June 2004, the Billing and Collection department has implemented the Interactive Voice Response system (IVR) payment module for customers who wish to pay their utility bill over the telephone. This new module was implemented due to the dramatic increase in customers paying their utility bills by credit card. The driving force behind purchasing this addition was to create a mechanism for customers to make their utility payments after hours, thereby improving customer service. Customers can make their payments using this method 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Payments made by over the phone using the following are accepted:
- American Express
- Debit Cards
The new payment method is an addition to the existing IVR system, which has been in place for over a year. The IVR system also allows customers to access their account information, as well as payment and billing histories.
Using the System
There is no fee to use the IVR payment module and the process is user-friendly. The customer needs only to call Customer Service at 432-335-3204, access his account information from the menu and follow the prompts, in English or Spanish, to pay the total balance due on his account or only the past due amount. Once the customer's transaction is complete, he will receive an authorization code.
The payment will be credited to his account within three business days. However, Billing and Collection recommends that customers not use this payment option if it is on or after the "cut-off" date on their bill. Doing so will create a delay in reconnection should the customer's service be terminated before the payment is credited to the account. For questions or problems regarding the IVR system, please contact Customer Service at 432-335-3204, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5:30 pm.
Please note that we are still available to you during business hours if you like to talk to a representative. The City of Odessa cares about your concerns and wants to make it easy for you to reach us. Talk to us at any time.
- Dial 335-3204
- Press 1 for English
- Press 2 for Spanish
- Press 1 for Account Information
- Enter Customer ID (This is the 1st portion of account Number ) What is this?
- Enter Location ID (This is the 2nd portion of account Number ) What is this?
- Press 1 to pay entire balance of $_____ with Visa, MasterCard or American Express
- Press 2 to pay entire balance of $_____ with personal check
- Press 3 to pay entire balance of $_____ with company check
- Press 4 to pay past due balance of $_____ with Visa, MasterCard or American Express
- Press 5 to pay past due balance of $_____ with personal check
- Press 6 to pay past due balance of $_____ with company check
- System will then prompt you for your credit card or check information